Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Episode 8: The One Where Everyone Finds Out Part 2


This is a collaboration with J.F. Jenkins. To read the first part, please visit: http://introv3rsion.blogspot.com/

“Its a game.” Toby rolled his eyes and watched as Lily started to freak out. “What the hell is her problem?”
“I have no idea. She was really timid and whiny at first, but now she's turning into a complete psycho.”
“Maybe I should kidnap you and you can come join me?” He teased.
“Sounds good to me! I'll go wherever you want to take me.”
"Maybe we can escape Escape!” He liked this idea, running away from it all with her. What better place than paradise? He was about to continue when Lily came back with some guys.
“The guys aren't happy,” Lily said smugly. 
Moira looked past her. Adrian looked pissed, Jesse annoyed. As to Will…he looked disappointed. Well, she had tried to tell him to leave her alone. What did he think, that she was going to leave Toby for him? Not going to happen. “I really don't care.”
“You've betrayed us, Moira,” Adrian said. 
She laughed. “What is this? This is a game. Get over yourselves.”
“You don't deserve to be on the team anymore. You're consorting with the enemy.”
“The enemy?” she asked incredulously. 
“Choose,” Jesse ordered. “Us or him.”
“I choose him. I'll always choose him,” she said. 
It took a moment to let everything sink in. “Aren't you guys being a little over dramatic? The enemy? Wow.” He was about to say something else when he noticed Coty approaching. Wait; no it was Cory because the necklace was glowing. “Is there a problem?” he asked, folding his arms in front of him as if trying to be intimidating.
Now it looked like one of Toby's teammates was getting involved. If they kicked him off the team too, they really could run away together. Better to just get introductions out of the way. She stuck a hand out toward him. “Hi, I'm Moira. Toby's girlfriend.”
Cory raised an eyebrow. “So this is your cutie huh? Nice to meet you.” He offered his hand for a shake. “But what are you doing here though?”
When she took his hand to shake, she felt a jolt. It wasn't a good jolt, like when Toby touched her. She could feel two separate thought patterns roiling around in his mind. This must be the one with two people in the same body. She pulled her hand back quickly. “I'm on the show. Our team's being sent to Hawaii too. At least, the team I used to be on. Apparently, I've been voted off the island before we even reached it.” She gestured at her teammates who were still crowding the aisle behind him.
Cory raised an eyebrow. “Well hey, I bet we could fit you in with us if they want to be little shits about it.”
Toby smirked. This is why he liked Cory though. Then he saw Ryan coming over and he frowned. She was the difficult one.
“Why is everyone pow-wowing over here? Is there a problem?” Cory then filled her in and she stared at the other team with a raised eyebrow. “If I had known this was our competition I wouldn't have been so worried.” She then stared at Moira. “But I don't know if I’d consider you useful. You look more like a distraction seeing as how he already is losing sight of our goals to be with you.” She glared at Toby.
What a bitch. Toby really hadn't been kidding about here. She could be a bitch too. I'll show her how useful I can be, Moira thought. She reached into Ryan's mind--and sent a little shock through it. 
Ryan gasped. “What was that?”
Cory shook his head. “I don't know, but maybe you should be nicer to people.”
Moira couldn't help but laugh. “I think I could get to like you!” She looked at Ryan. “You, not so much. I think you'd fit in on my team, though. They're used to manipulative bitchiness. Maybe we should trade places.”
Ryan snorted. “I'm not manipulative. Id watch it before you say anything about people you barely know.”
“Speak for yourself. You've already decided that I'm a useless distraction.”
“Yeah, you're already distracting my team member,” Ryan pointed out.  Cory put his hands on her shoulders. 

“Chill. Look, I think everyone needs to calm down.”
“I agree,” Moira said. “Especially you idiots.” She looked pointedly at her team. 
“We should let her stay on the team,” Will said quietly. 
“You've got to be kidding me!” Lily exclaimed. 
“Look, we need her. Besides, it's not her fault. She was dating the guy before this show even started.”
“Yeah, no shit,” Toby said and rolled his eyes.  “Besides, if you think I'm going to let anything bad happen to her because of some game . . .”
Ryan glared at him. “So you'd sabotage us for her?”
“Ry? Chill.” Cory stressed the point.  “All of us have something to lose here.” He looked around at the group. “Personally, I think it's refreshing to see some positive emotions for a change instead of all the negativity. It's good to remember what I'm fighting for.” He stared at Ryan for a moment and then shook his head.
“So, what? We work together?” Moira asked. 
Cory shook his head. “Not unless we're supposed to. I just don't think we need to be flipping our shit over two kids who love each other.”
She smiled. “I agree.” She looked at the rest of her team. “Can you guys handle that?”
They nodded hesitantly. She glanced at Ryan. “Can you deal with this too?”
Ryan threw up her hands and walked away. Toby rolled his eyes a little.
Moira's team started to head back to their seats. Adrian paused at looked at the kid with the glowing necklace. “You know, there's something weird about you. It's like you're in the wrong body or something.” He shook his head and walked away. 
Moira laughed. “I'm not sure which one you are, sorry. But thank you. I won't forget how you stuck up for us.” She looked at Toby. “But what about the other two? You know, the brother,” she waved at the guy still standing by them, “and the telepathic girl. Are they going to be okay with this?”
Cory rolled his eyes at Adrian. He then shrugged at Moira. “We're talking now. He's not sure, but there's nothing to be done about it.”
“Do you call the shots or something?” she asked curiously.
Cory winked at her. “Something like that.” 

Toby nodded a thank you and put his head on Moira's shoulder.  “We'll figure this out.”
Moira snuggled up against Toby again. After all the drama, she felt exhausted. She closed her eyes. “Wake me when we reach Hawaii,” she murmured.
He nodded, but closed his eyes too.  “I promise.”


No comments:

Post a Comment