Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Episode 5: Fireworks



“What’s this?” Will asked, grabbing an envelope off the windshield of the car.

“Must be our so-called reward,” Adrian guessed.

“What’s in it?” Lily asked, standing on her toes to try to see past her brother.

Will pulled five slips of paper out of the envelope. His eyes went wide and he smiled. “Looks like we’re going to Disneyland!”

“Seriously?” Jesse, Adrian and Lily chorused.

“You know, I think that’s the first time I’ve seen you smile,” Moira pointed out.

“Well, I’ve never been to a theme park. And yes, seriously,” Will said.

“You sound like my boyfriend!” Moira said. “Don’t you live in San Jose?”

“Yeah, so?” Will was a little disappointed to find out that Moira had a boyfriend. She was so much nicer to him than the others on the team and he was really starting to like her. Oh well.

“Don’t you have like Great America or whatever it’s called now there?” she asked.

“Yeah, I think it’s still called that, but I’ve never been.”

“Dude, let’s go!” Jesse demanded.

They finished throwing their bags in the trunk and climbed into the car. Moira immediately pulled out her phone and started typing away.

“How are you texting?” Jesse leaned over to ask. “I thought texts and calls were blocked.”

“I’m not texting,” she replied shortly.

“Emailing?”

She nodded, but didn’t answer.

“I didn’t know emails were allowed.”

She shrugged. “I don’t know. I’m not even sure they’re going through anymore.”

“Why’s that?” Adrian asked as he pulled the car onto the freeway.

Seriously, does everyone have to be involved in this conversation? Moira wondered to herself. She still wasn’t ready to tell them about Toby, but she was getting worried that she had barely heard from him. Maybe the show had blocked emails now. “Because I haven’t gotten an answer,” she finally admitted.

“Can we please be done with Moira’s whining about how her little boyfriend won’t answer her?” Lily sighed from the passenger seat.

“Who said it was my boyfriend?” Moira asked.

“You wouldn’t care if it was your mom not answering you back. None of us are here because we have good relationships with our parents.”

“Actually, I do have a good relationship with my mom.”

“Whatever. You’re just trying to get away from the fact that your boyfriend’s probably not answering you because he found someone else,” Lily said.

Moira’s heart sank. That couldn’t be true. Toby wouldn’t do that to her.

Lily flipped down her sun visor and caught the look on Moira’s face in her mirror. She may not like Moira, but she didn’t want to hurt her. She should change the subject. “So, what are we doing when we get to Disney? I want to go to the Sleeping Beauty Castle.”

“No, let’s go on the Pirates ride first!” Jesse said.

“Nah, man, let’s go on Space Mountain,” Adrian chimed in.

This began a debate that lasted all the way to Anaheim. Once they got through the gate, Moira announced, “I’m going to Star Tours. Anyone want to join me?”

Lily rolled her eyes and mumbled under her breath.

“What was that?” Moira asked.

“I said, ‘Geek’.” She laughed.

“Whatever. I’m going. I’ll see you guys later.” She started to walk away.

“Wait, I’ll go with you!” Will called, jogging after her.

“Hey, meet us later at Frontierland. I think there’s supposed to be fireworks,” Adrian said. He turned to Lily as Moira and Will wandered off. “Come on, Lil. Let’s get you some mouse ears.” He put his arm around his sister’s shoulders and jerked his head at Jesse to follow them. “We need to enjoy this place while we can.”

TO BE CONTINUED . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment